Curriculum & Environment of learning
We achieve academic excellence through the development of intellectual curiosity, personal accountability and love of learning. Our comprehensive program and exceptional faculty and staff help students discover, develop, and enjoy their unique talents. We honour individuality, embrace diversity, and promote leadership and service, preparing students to take their place as global citizens.
The life of the school
Our school is a place where everyone (parents, children, staff) will experience:
- A welcome, politeness and a smile
- An attractive, secure learning environment with high expectations of behaviour & a respect for the school rules
- Good, clear communication
- Involvement, partnership and teamwork a sense of identity and a pride in the school
- A concern for, and partnership with the local community
- Reflective and progressive practice
- Celebration of success
- Being valued for themselves and for what they do increasing confidence and self respect
The Teaching and Learning
The Lords' International School will deliver the requirements of the National Curriculum to the highest possible standard. The school will also provide enhancements to these requirements where possible, to ensure that the pupils receive a broad and balanced curriculum which meets their individual needs.
We aim to help the children become:
- Self disciplined
- Well informed
- Polite and well mannered
- Happy and tolerant
The Lords' - International School, offers challenging preschool and pre-kindergarten programs that prepare Children for a successful life of learning and development. The programs include small class sizes, strong liberal arts curriculum enriched with language arts, music, arts, integrated technology and physical education and whole child development philosophies to prepare children for Primary school and beyond.
The Lords' Primary School embraces an integrated thematic curriculum where skills are consistently woven throughout the various subjects, and the classroom activities are hands-on and interactive. Our curriculum is grounded in the idea that children learn by actively constructing knowledge, not by simply acquiring knowledge. We believe skills that have a purpose and taught in a meaningful context are better learned. Lords' liberal arts curriculum enriched with daily music, arts, integrated technology and physical education and whole child development philosophies educated, challenges and excites the students for a long life of continuous learning.
The typical day at Lords' - begins with an all school Morning Meeting. Morning Meeting is an excellent opportunity for the primary students to share information, show support for one another, develop public speaking skills, experience the exciting projects ahead in Middle school, and provide leadership and support for the efforts of the preschoolers.
Throughout the day students attend math, science, reading, and literature, music, and physical education classes. However, various teachers have developed the curriculum that integrates the subjects within a learning theme. Each of the classroom experiences helps connect key concepts building a solid, coherent, structure of knowledge. For example, when the first graders study frogs in science, they are also measuring frog jumps in math, reading frog books in literature, and playing frog games in physical education.
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
Cambridge programmes and qualifications have a proven reputation for being an excellent preparation for university, employment and life. They provide a valuable international benchmark of learner performance.
IGCSE, International GCSE and GCE O Level are the world’s most popular international qualifications for 14- to 16-year-olds. They are your gateway to higher education or professional studies in your home country or overseas. They can help you:
Get a place at college or university at home or abroad
Find better career opportunities
Pass the language tests for emigrating to, or studying in, another country
Develop skills that help you lead a more exciting and successful life
Cambridge qualifications, including Cambridge IGCSE, Cambridge O Level, Cambridge International AS and A Level are recognised and welcomed by universities and employers around the world.
*For example, achieving a Grade C in IGCSE English is often enough to satisfy the language requirements for some universities in English-speaking nations.For More Details
The Cambridge approach supports schools to develop learners who are:
Confident in working with information and ideas – their own and those of others
Responsible for themselves, responsible to and respectful of others
Reflective as learners, developing their ability to learn
Innovative and equipped for new and future challenges
Engaged intellectually and socially, ready to make a difference.
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) is a two-year course of study comprising Grades 9 and 10 for students aged 14 to 16 years. IGCSE programme caters to the needs of the students with diverse interests and abilities and who are ready to move around the world.
The curriculum is suitable for students of all nationalities and all levels of ability. It provides an ideal preparation for higher level courses such as the Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE), international GCE Advanced level, SAT and APT, International Baccalaureate and for vocational training and employment. IGCSE is a qualification based on examinations in individual subjects of study, with IGCSE qualifications and grades issued for each subject taken, much like Advanced Placement examinations in the United States, United Kingdom etc.
In Cambridge IGCSE, Core curriculum is designed to be accessible for all children. The Extended curriculum is available for students who are highly capable and highly motivated. All students take a balanced programme of subjects to establish the foundation of knowledge and to enable an informed choice of elective subjects in later years.
Successful students receive an internationally recognized qualification, the International General Certificate of Secondary Education which is equivalent in standard to the international GCE Ordinary level and British GCSE examination.
Why should I select IGCSE for My Child?
- IGCSE is one of the most sought-after and recognised qualifications in the world. It develops and encourages vital educational skills, including oral skills, investigative skills, problem solving, team work, recall of knowledge, and initiative.
- The IGCSE programme has worldwide status and credibility. In India, the course is delivered in over 130 schools with the number expected to touch 600 by 2008. It is recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as being at par with CBSE, ICSE, etc.
- Worldwide, it is delivered in schools in over 140 countries and is recognised by colleges and universities everywhere, more so in the UK and other Commonwealth countries.
- The IGCSE curriculum is balanced and lends an international perspective to studies. It also takes account of differing abilities of students.
- IGCSE students can take advantage of the Cambridge Checkpoint, a diagnostic service comprising of standardised tests, that pin-points a student's strengths and weaknesses in key curriculum areas.
What are the Advantages of IGCSE?
It is the most sought-after and recognised qualification in the world.
It is a jump from State Board to International Level.
Involves a variety of assessment techniques to test oral and practical- skills, initiative and problem solving ability, application of skills, knowledge and understanding. Thus it does away with rote memory and mugging.
Curriculum is balanced and lends an international perspective to studies.
Takes account of differing abilities of students.
Students of Class 8 will appear the CAMBRIDGE CHECKPOINT EXAMS International pre-university programme- IB Diploma(International Baccalaureate), Advanced Placement Diploma (US), and the seamless transition to AS and A Levels, AICE (UK) offered by the University of Cambridge U.K.
Three fair passes at _A' level allows students to skip a year in US, UK and Canadian Universities. , a diagnostic service comprising of standardized tests, that pin-points a student's strengths and weaknesses in key curriculum areas.
Subjects provided have a very focused approach.
Recognitions according to CIE can be found here http://www.cie.org.uk/qualifications/recognition
Recognition of Indian Educational Boards and Universities can be found in the below link.
Subjects Offered at LIS
- English Language
- Hindi / Tamil GCE O level / French
Cambridge AS and A Levels
The Lords’International School offers 7 Groups out of which students can select 1 as their choice of study.
- Learners use Cambridge International AS and A Levels to gain places at leading universities worldwide including the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, Singapore, Egypt, Jordan, South Africa, the Netherlands, Germany and Spain etc.
- Cambridge International AS (Grade 11) & A (Grade 12) Level develops learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills in:
- In-depth subject content
- Independent thinking
- Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations
- Handling and evaluating different types of information source
- Thinking logically and presenting ordered and coherent arguments
- Making judgements, recommendations and decisions
- Presenting reasoned explanations, understanding implications and communicating them logically and clearly
- Working and communicating in English.
|Group 1||English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Information Technology|
|Group 2||English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics|
|Group 3||English, Accounts, Economics, Business Studies, |
|Group 4||English, Business Studies, Sociology, Psycology,|
|Group 5||English, Travel & Tourism, History, Geography, |
|Group 6||English, Food Studies, Travel & Tourism, Sociology,|
|Group 7||English, Art & Design, Media Studies, Sociology,|
|**Optional Subjects in addition for all of the above groups (you may select 1): Tamil / Hindi / French|